- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1-5 to 7 pound duck
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- In a bowl combine the honey, wine and tarragon and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375. Place the duck on a clean chopping board and remove any excess fat from the neck and body cavities.
- Rinse the duck thoroughly, inside and out, under a cold running tap and pat dry with a paper towel. Pierce the skin of the duck all over with a tooth pick or knife, at 1 inch intervals.
- Rub salt and pepper into the skin of the duck, inside as well as outside. Position the duck on a rack placed in a roasting tray, breast side up.
- Pour a few cups of boiling water over the duck and into the roasting tray and place into the preheated oven.
- Roast the duck for up to 3 hours or until no fat remains and the skin is crispy and brown, turning the duck over after every 30 minutes.
- Baste the duck with the juices and honey. Once the duck is cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer it onto a carving board. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.