In Greek cuisine, Skordalia is a thick puree made by combining crushed garlic with a thick base, such as potatoes, adding olive oil towards the end.
- Prep Time
- 3 Idaho Potatoes, boiled in their skins, until tender
- 1 large head garlic, peeled
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces capers, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes in their skins with salt and bay leaf. When tender enough for mashing, drain.
2. Roast garlic clove in olive oil.
3. In mixer with padded attachment, or by hand, mash potatoes together with roasted garlic, capers, and all of the olive oil.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
Source: Idaho Potato Commission