The addition of lime and cilantro make these french fries a chic side dish or snack.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 potatoes
- Canola oil for deep-frying, as needed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1. Using a french-fry cutter, cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/3 X 1/3-inch strips.
2. Place in cold water to prevent oxidization and to wash out excess starch.
3. Blanch potatoes: Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potato strips; allow water to return to a full boil; cook 30 seconds more; drain.
4. Place potatoes on lined cookie sheet; hold refrigerated. Combine garlic, lime juice and salt in small dish; refrigerate 1 hour.
5. Remove potatoes from refrigerator Thoroughly pat dry and deep-fry in 365ºF canola oil for 3 to 6 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
6. Drain, then place in a stainless-steel bowl; reserve warm.
7. Stir cilantro into garlic mixture. Add to fries, tossing to coat. Serve in a paper cone.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission