This creative variation of scrambled eggs can be served at breakfast, brunch or lunch. No matter what time of day, Idaho® Potato Breakfast Scramble is light, nutritious and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 SServings
- 1 large Idaho® potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
1. Combine potato, onion and green pepper in a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate. Cover with microwaveable plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes, or until potato is tender.
2. Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl; beat slightly. Pour over potatoes in pie plate. Cover with microwaveable plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
3. Let stand, covered, 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission