- Prep Time
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 1 tsp French Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 T Minced Pickled Cucumber
- 6 Green Beans, blanched and split down the seam into halves
- 1 T English Peas, blanched
- 3 Idaho Ruby Crescent Fingerlings, boiled in salted water, peeled, sliced into discs chilled
- 5 Frisée Leaves
- 2 Idaho French Fingerlings, boiled in salted water until tender, reserved warm
- 2 Idaho Russian Banana Fingerlings, boiled in salted water until tender, peeled, halved, sautéed in olive oil until golden brown, reserved warm
- 1 tsp Sour Cream
- 1 Chive, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 Hard Boiled Egg, cut into two pieces
- 6 Tomatoes (cherry-size, assorted varieties), oven dried
- 2 Slices Pickled Radish, thin
- 1 Idaho French Fingerling, sliced thin, fried crisp, lightly salted
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fleur de Sel To Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Paint the center of the plate with the mayonnaise and mustard in a wide stripe from corner to corner.
2 Pull a little off to a third corner so it will be visible once all of the components are in place.
3 Arrange the minced pickled cucumber in the fourth corner.
4 Toss the green beans, peas, chilled fingerlings, and frisée with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
5 Cut a slit in the baked fingerlings and push the ends to open a cavity in the center.
6 Garnish with sour cream and chives.
7 Arrange all of the various ingredients on the plate in a random fashion over top of the mayonnaise and mustard stripe.
8 Leave the potato chips for last to garnish the top so they stay crispy.
9 Drizzle the remaining olive oil around the edge of the plate.
10 Sprinkle some fleur de sel and fresh black pepper over the dish to taste.
Idaho Potato Commission