These potato and salmon shis-kebabs can be made on a regular outdoor grill or an electric in-door grill. Either way they make a great main dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 medium Idaho Potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium onions, peeled, quartered and separated into slices
- 3 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 6 1/2-inch slices of fresh pineapple, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 cup Italian dressing or vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 lime wedges for garnish
- 12 skewers (Note: if using wooden skewers soak in water for at least an hour, so they don\'t scorch on grill)
1. Slice potatoes crosswise into 1/2 inch round slices. Cook potato slices in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain; cool.
2. On each of 12 skewers, thread ingredients in the following order: pepper to secure food, potato, pineapple, pepper, onion, salmon, onion.
3. Repeat, beginning with potato, until each skewer holds about eight inches of ingredients. End each skewer with pepper to secure. Continue with remaining skewers.
4. Place skewers in a 13 x 9 inch pan and drizzle Italian dressing on top.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until time to grill. Prepare grill.
6. Grill kebabs, turning and basting often with barbecue sauce, about 6 - 7 minutes or until brown. Serve kebabs with lime wedge garnish.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission