Add imitation crab to your next quiche for a change of flavor you will love.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 pie crust, store bought or your favorite recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon seafood seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ pound imitation crabmeat, cut into chunks
- ½ cup chopped broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉.
- Line the pie shell with foil and fill with dried beans or a pie weight. Bake until shell is lightly golden along rim and set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and weights and cool completely.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, cream, chives, parsley and cilantro, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, then stir in cheeses, imitation crabmeat and broccoli.
- Pour the mixture into prebaked crust and bake until filling puffs and is no longer wobbly in center when quiche is gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pie plate for about 10 minutes before trying to cut.