These short ribs are melt-in-your-mouth tender and have a robust flavor from the combination of sesame oil, scallions, orange and hoisin.
If you don't have an Instant pot, cook in a slow cooker on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- 4 pounds short ribs
- 1 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup Kikkoman® Hoisin Sauce
- ½ cup white wine or sake
- Optional for Serving: rice or noodles
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Coat insert with sesame oil.
- Add ribs to pot and sear for 5 minutes per side.
- Add scallions, ginger, garlic, orange zest and juice, hoisin sauce, and wine. Cover pot and turn on high pressure for 60 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
To take it over the top, refrigerate or freeze short ribs for a few hours. Skim off fat. Pour sauce into a small pot and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. Pour back over short ribs and reheat.