This Kamut Elbow Pasta Hoppin' John is a quick and easy complete dinner idea for a busy weeknight, packed with herbs and sautéed veggies. You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 oz. EDEN Kamut Elbows
- 1 tablespoon EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 14 1/2 oz. EDEN Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chilies, do not drain
- 30 oz. EDEN Black Eyed Peas, do not drain
- 1 teaspoon EDEN Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped or fresh parsley, or 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 2 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon EDEN Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic and green pepper until softened, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes, partially covered. Stir occasionally. Add the black eyed peas, kale, vinegar, salt, black pepper and cilantro. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
3. Toss gently with cooked pasta and serve.
Find this recipe and more at Eden Foods.