These pancakes are made with kefir instead of buttermilk and the results are extra fluffy and delicious. You can make them with white flour or whole wheat, they are great either way.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly whisked
- 2 cups kefir (or you can use buttermilk)
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted
1. Preheat a griddle to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, sift the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and kefir. Drizzle in the butter as you continue to whisk.
3. Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until almost completely combined. It is important not to over mix.
4. Butter the hot griddle and scoop 1/3 cup of batter and cook until bubbles begin to form, flip and cook until golden. Serve immediately.
I enjoyed them served with fresh strawberries and creme fraiche.