This colorful barbecue dish is the ultimate crowd pleaser with it's incredible color, layout and powerful flavors!
For the meat, we used a traditional Turkish recipe incorporating sumac and hot red chili peppers. We combined lean beef with lamb to keep it healthier.
If you're looking for more healthy recipes and meal planning help to make it easy for you, join our Fresh Families meal plan.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons Jamie Geller Sumac
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili peppers
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 6 baby carrots
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 mini peppers
- Get your grill nice and hot.
- In a large bowl, mix the lamb, lean beef, onion, garlic, cumin, sumac, salt, pepper, parsley and chili pepper.
- Remove a handful of the mixture and form the kebabs on skewers. If you don't have skewers, form the kebabs into round patties, about half the diameter of a typical hamburger, although a bit thicker.
- Grill the meat and veggies to your desired done-ness.
- Build the platter by scattering the veggies evenly and placing the kebabs on top. With so many colors, it looks beautiful.