Make this easy lasagna with no boil noodles. Use Jack's flavorful sausage meat as a filling and top with panko for crunch and the look of cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 2 medium carrots, diced small
- 3 stalks celery, diced small
- 2 boxes (2 pounds) Jack’s Gourmet Fresh Sweet Italian Sausage Patties, defrosted and crumbled
- 3 1⁄2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more as needed
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 box “no boil” lasagna noodles
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 12 basil leaves, sliced
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the vegetables and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 10 more minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and nutmeg and stir well. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 1 hour. Add the parsley and salt and stir well.
3. Spread an even layer of sauce in a 9”x13” baking pan. Add a layer of the lasagna noodles. Repeat this process 3 more times, ending with sauce on top. Sprinkle the panko bread crumbs over the top of the lasagna and cover. Bake in a pre-heated 350° oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and garnish with the basil. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.