- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 c cooked rice
- 3/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 ea salt, ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ea nonstick vegetable spray
- 1/2 c prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 10 oz roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine rice, 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spray a 7-inch diameter soufflé dish or springform pan with nonstick vegetable spray. Place 1/2 of rice mixture in bottom of prepared dish; pat down well.
2 Spread 1/2 of pesto evenly over rice and sprinkle with 1/2 of goat cheese. Layer 1/2 of red peppers over goat cheese. Repeat above layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven. Cut into wedges to serve.
3 Note: Dish may be assembled ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. Uncover to bake.
Source: California Rice Commission - calrice.org