If you're one of those people that make and serve chicken soup every week, you might be looking for some ways to use up leftovers in a different dish. So her eyou go, just pour it over rice and add full pieces of chicken to cook over top, wallah, easy dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups uncooked brown basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Jamie Geller Hawaij or your favorite seasoning mix, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 3 cups leftover chicken soup or broth
- 2 cups broccoli or cauliflower florets
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Spread rice on the bottom of a large 9x13 casserole.
2. Sprinkle with salt and 1 teaspoon hawaij. Lay chicken pieces over top and sprinkle with remaining hawaij. Pour chicken soup with all the goodies over top.
3. Cover with foil and bake 50 minutes until chicken is cooked through and most of liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove foil, add cauliflower florets, drizzle with evoo and roast uncovered for 20 minutes, until chicken is golden.