The simplest ice cream cake is the one you layer yourself with store-bought sorbet. You can also make your own if you are so inclined, check out all our sorbet recipes here.
To make it even more delicious you can also add crushed cookies as a base crust and/or in between the layers.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pints chocolate sorbet, lightly softened
- 2 pints cherry sorbet, lightly softened
- 2 pints lemon sorbet, lightly softened
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
Prepare an 8-inch springform pan.
1. Scoop the chocolate sorbet over the bottom of the pan in small batches, packing it as best possible, smooth the top with an offset spatula. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
2. Repeat with cherry sorbet over top and freeze until firm and again with the lemon layer.
3. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat the coconut milk in a small pot or microwave until just simmering. Pour the hot milk over the chocolate, let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth. Remove the side of the springform pan. Spread the chocolate over top and freeze until set, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately or cover and freeze up to 2-3 days.