Compound butters are a cook’s best friend. Compound butter adds flavor, an elegant touch and can be stored in the freezer for months.
Use your butter on this homemade bialy loaf.
- Prep Time
- 1 stick high quality unsalted butter, such as Tnuva, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or in a bowl and pulse until combined to stir together with a fork.
2. Transfer the butter to a piece of parchment paper (about 8 inches long). Spread the butter about 6 inches long and roll into a log shape using the parchment to hold the log shape. Wrap in freezer resistant plastic and freeze until ready to use.
3. To use the butter, cut the desired amount of “coins” of butter.