These Lemon Pie Jars are like a deconstructed lemon cheesecake. Everyone loves dessert in a jar! Plan ahead to prepare the Lemon Cream in advance, then whip it all together in just a few minutes for a festive dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup Tnuva Butter, chilled and cubed
- Lemon zest from 2 lemons
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup Tnuva Butter, chilled and cubed
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Cherry syrup or jarred cherries
1. One day prior to serving, prepare the Lemon Cream. First, boil water in a medium saucepan. While the water is boiling, assemble a double boiler and place eggs, lemon juice and sugar. Beat together until fully blended and cook. Stir for about 10 minutes until smooth and thick.
2. Using a sieve, transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Add butter and lemon zest. Mix until creamy. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. To prepare the crumbs, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with baking paper. In a bowl, stir together the flour, oats and sugar. Add in butter cubes and mix together until crumbly. Place the crumbs evenly on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until golden. Once the crumbs have cooled, break into chunks.
4. Using a mixer, whip the whipping cream.
5. Assembly: Place 1-2 tablespoons of whipped cream and cherries into the serving glasses or jars. Top with 2-3 heaping tablespoons of Lemon Cream. Sprinkle crumbs atop and serve immediately.