Liven up your classic potato salad with some fresh lemon and tarragon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1-2 large lemons) + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Cover the pot, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes. The potatoes are done when they are tender and can be pierced with a fork or small knife.
2. Drain cooked potatoes in a colander and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting in half.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
4. Add the cooked potatoes to the dressing and carefully toss to combine.
5. Allow potato salad to sit for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can develop.
Serve warm or at room temperature.