- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/3 pounds skinless Pacific albacore loin cuts or steaks
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) vegetable broth, preferably low-sodium or salt-free style
- 1 cup diced new potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup each: chopped onions, carrots and celery
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Cube fish; set aside.
2 In medium saucepan, mix broth with 1 can of water. Place albacore in steamer tray over broth and steam 2-3 minutes.
3 DO NOT OVERCOOK! Albacore should be pink in center when removed from heat.
4 Set albacore aside. Strain broth into large saucepan. Add potatoes and simmer until tender.
5 Remove cooked potatoes from broth, reserving liquid. Puree cooked potatoes with 1/4 cup broth.
6 Return with remaining broth to pot. Add thyme, basil, and vegetables.
7 Simmer until vegetables are almost tender.
8 Before serving, stir in albacore and milk and heat to serving temperature without boiling.
9 Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Source: National Fisheries Institute