- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 head garlic*, skin attached (see note)
- 2 teaspoon soybean oil
- 8 ounce linguini, fresh or dry
- 2 tablespoon soybean oil
- 3 tablespoon shallots, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced (2 medium)
- 1 cup edamame, shelled and cooked (Whole Green Soybeans)
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup basil**, fresh chopped (see note)
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pointed top off garlic head, leaving cloves intact, and place on square of aluminum foil. Drizzle 2 teaspoons oil over cloves. Seal foil around garlic and bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until cloves are soft; cool. Squeeze paste from cloves, mash and set aside.
- Prepare linguini as directed on package; drain and set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium saucepan. Add shallots and garlic paste. Sauté until shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and vegetable broth, bring to boil and simmer until reduced in half. Add tomatoes and edamame. Cook 1 minute until warmed, stirring gently. Stir-in pine nuts and basil. Remove from heat; add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over linguini and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- May substitute 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder for the head of garlic, if desired. Add garlic powder with the broth.
- May substitute 1 tablespoon dried basil for fresh basil, if desired.
Source: © 2010, Courtesy of United Soybean Board