Luscious kosher Oreo cheesecake is an easy fix for Shavuot or anytime you want a killer dairy dessert.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 package Kolatin® kosher gelatin, dissolved in a small amount of warm water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packages Philadelphia® or Neufchâtel (low-fat) cream cheese
- 1 package Oreo® cookies or chocolate sandwich cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a food processor, pulse half the cookies until you have achieved a fine powder.
3. Press cookie crumbs into a 10- or 12-inch springform pan and press in the corners so that the crumbs crawl slightly up the sides.
4. Beat eggs with dissolved gelatin, vanilla and sugar.
5. Slowly add cream cheese and beat only until combined.
6. Pour cheese custard into the pan and sprinkle with the remaining cookies. I like to simply break them up by hand so there are large pieces, but you can also chop them roughly in the food processor.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to one hour, and remove from the oven when the middle is still a little moist. The whole thing should still be jiggly.
8. Cool completely for at least two hours and, ideally, chill overnight before serving.
Contributed by:Elizabeth Book Katz, CKCA
This simple cheesecake recipe does not require anything special to make it good. No water baths, corn starches or flour. And it's relatively low in fat. To make a non-Oreo, low-fat cheesecake, eliminate the Oreos and make or buy a simple graham cracker crust.