You can have your cheesecake and eat it too with this low-fat lemon cheesecake. Top it with pie filling or low-fat sour cream.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 (16-ounce) container whipped or small curd low-fat cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon, chopped
- ½ cup low fat sour cream (optional)
- ½ cup pie filling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2, Using an electric mixer at medium speed, mix cottage cheese, sugars, egg whites, vanilla and lemon zest until very smooth.
3. Pour batter into a lightly grease a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until just jiggly in the center. The cake will finish cooking from the retained heat after you take it out of the oven.
4. Chill in refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
5. Before serving top with either a layer of low fat sour cream or your favorite pie filling, if desired.