There are so many ways to change up your oatmeal. The trick is keeping your favorite toppings on hand and tweaking it every day so it doesn’t get boring. We find that the fruits provide enough sweetness, but if you feel you need a little honey you can use 1 teaspoon in place of the dried fruit. Oatmeal bowls make great anytime snacks too!
- Prep Time
- ⅓ cup raw quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup fresh fruit, chopped (such as strawberries, blueberries, apples, pears)
- 1 tablespoon dried fruit, chopped (such as apricots, raisins, cherries, dried cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, walnuts, almonds, or toasted coconut flakes
- Spices (such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom), as desired
1. Cook oats, with water, according to package directions.
2. Top with favorite fresh and dried fruits and nuts.
3. Sprinkle with spices.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 3 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g