Bowls are popular these days and for good reason. Even if your kids aren’t picky inevitably, one kid likes beans and corn, one likes beans and not corn and one like corn and not beans. When you make these burrito bowls you can set everything out in separate bowls and let everyone make their own.
This recipe is also super quick to prepare with very little cooking. Feel free to use quinoa, brown rice, or even cauliflower rice as your base here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup uncooked red rice
- 1 ½ cups frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced mango
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Optional garnishes: chopped lettuce, sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno, sliced radishes
- In a large saucepan cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Make a platter with rows of corn, black beans, diced mango, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, and cheese, plus any of the optional garnishes you choose to include.
- In a small glass jar, combine cilantro, juice and zest of 2 limes, olive oil and Greek yogurt. Shake well.
- Give everyone a bowl of rice and let them choose their toppings. Then drizzle sauce over top as desired.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 560
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Cholesterol Content: 32 mg
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Sodium Content: 550 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g