This luscious milk pudding is popular throughout the Middle East, and is beloved in Israel. The texture is light and creamy and the rosewater gives the dessert a beautiful, delicate flavor. It can be made non dairy easily too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups milk or coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 tablespoons rose water
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- For serving: Chopped almonds, pistachios, and/or strawberry syrup
- Put ½ cup of the milk in a bowl with the corn starch and rose water until you have a smooth, even mixture.
- In a pot, cook the remaining 1½ cups milk with the cream and sugar until boiling. Add the corn starch mixture and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into serving bowls and cool to room temperature. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Drizzle with strawberry syrup and sprinkle with nuts just before serving.
Tip: To make the recipe parve and vegan, replace the milk with coconut milk.