Mango Pineapple Blintzes are an easy way to infuse tropical flavors. Sweet pineapple and mango topped with shredded coconut and if you can find it, smear a bit of guava jam into the blintzes too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 - 6 blintzesServings
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- Chopped fresh mango and pineapple
- Guava jam (optional)
- Shredded coconut
1. First make the blintz batter. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, butter, and eggs. Then gradually add in sugar and finally flour until a pourable batter is formed. Set aside.
2. Make the filling by mixing cream cheese and cottage cheese together until well incorporated. Add in pineapple and lemon zest and stir to combine. Depending how sweet the fruit is, you may want to add in a tablespoon of sugar to help sweeten the filling.
3. Heat a small 8- to 9-inch non-stick skillet to medium-high heat and spray a bit of cooking spray to evenly coat pan. Use a large ladle to pour batter into skillet, making a thin, circular motion to evenly distribute the batter. Cook blintz on the first side for about 1 to 2 minutes until it can easily move around in the pan and doesn’t stick. Then carefully use a spatula to flip over and cook the second side for another minute.
4. When done, remove blintz from pan and set aside on parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure not to overlap the blintzes because they can stick.
5. To assemble, add about ¼ cup of filling mixture into the blintz and fold the blintz up like a burrito, tucking in the sides and then add it back to the greased skillet, lightly browning each side. Continue with the rest of the blintz and set aside on a plate.
6. Once ready, top with chopped fruit, a smear of guava jam and shredded coconut.
Want recipes like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.