Let the taste of the sunny tropics update revered classics such as this simple Mango Rum Tiramisu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 container mascarpone cheese (8-ounce)
- 1 container vanilla yogurt (6-ounce)
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 18 split small, soft ladyfingers (36 pieces)
- 2 small ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup shaved white chocolate
- Mint leaves
In a medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, yogurt and sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold whipped cream into cheese mixture; set aside. Combine nectar and rum in a small shallow dish. Quickly dip each side of the ladyfingers into the mango nectar mixture. Place half of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a 8-inch glass baking dish so they fit tightly. Spread with half of the cream mixture, then top with 3/4 of the mango slices. Repeat ladyfinger and cream layers, then sprinkle with chocolate. Cover tightly and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours. Cut into 8 equal pieces; garnish with remaining mango slices and mint leaves.
May be served refrigerated or frozen.