A unique tropical spin on an old favorite.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon finely minced crystallized ginger
- 12 thick slices pound cake (1/2-inch)
- 3 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 2 firm but ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into small slices
- Mint sprigs (garnish)
Beat cream, sugar and cinnamon with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; stir in crystallized ginger and set aside in the refrigerator until shortcakes are ready to assemble. Stir together butter and cinnamon sugar; spread lightly over one side of each cake slice. Grill over medium heat for a few minutes on each side to lightly brown. Place half the cake slices on 6 dessert plates, sugar side up. Top with half the whipped cream and half the mango slices. Repeat layers and garnish with mint sprigs.