This heavenly maple almond souffle is multi-functional. Have it as a breakfast or brunch dish with salad or save it for dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (plus additional syrup for serving)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a small mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat egg yolks until thick and pale, about 3 minutes.
3. Mix in maple syrup and sour cream.
4. In another mixing bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
5. Fold whites into yolk mixture.
6. Melt butter in an 8- to 9-inch nonstick skillet with an ovenproof handle. Sprinkle almonds over bottom.
7. Spoon egg mixture over.
8. Cook over low heat until sides begin to brown and the underside is golden when lifted with a spatula, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the almonds.
9. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until top is puffed and browned. If necessary, loosen sides with a thin spatula.
10. Slide omelet onto serving plate, flipping top half over bottom to fold in half. Serve with additional syrup.