The maple marinade and the chimichurri sauce are the perfect combo for your Summer grilling.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Maple Marinated Hanger Steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1 1/2 pounds hanger steak
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 red onion
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Blend soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
2. Toss steaks with mixture.
3. Marinate at room temperature, minimum 15 minutes.
4. Sear the steak on a hot grill or cast iron pan on both sides until there is a nice char on each side. Finish cooking to desired doneness in oven or on low on the grill.
•For the chimichurri sauce: In a food processor add the parsley, cilantro, red onion, vinegar, and garlic. Pulse until combined but still a bit coarse, about 10 pulses. Add the crushed red pepper, lemon juice, and then slowly drizzle in the oil, pulsing about 5 more times. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for the flavors to meld.
The chimichurri can be made up to three days in advance.