This French toast recipes serves them up as bites, the perfect Mother's day brunch recipe. We love that each bite is fully coated in batter and filled with cinnamon flavor we can't get enough of. The marble color of the challah looks gorgeous and adds a nice change in texture.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- 4 slices of marble challah
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter
1. Combine the eggs, cinnamon sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and milk in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
2. Cut the bread into bite sized cubes. (If preferred, keep on the crust)
3. On a low heat, melt the butter in a frying pan.
4. Take a handful of the cubes and dip into the egg batter. Once the bread is covered in the mixture, place the cubes in a frying pan. Fry all sides until golden brown. Repeat this process with the remaining bread.
Serve with Maple Syrup.