Chopped marinated chicken cooks up super fast and is perfect mixed up with our new favorite pilaf. We love the extra lemony goodness.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 chicken thighs, cut up
Jeweled Almond Pilaf
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Jamie Geller Jeweled Almond Pilaf Mix
1. In a reusable storage bag combine garlic, lemon juice and zest, oil, salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Add diced chicken and mix well to coat. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare rice by boiling 4 cups water in a large pot. Add oil, rice, and contents of Jamie Geller Jeweled Almond Pilaf Mix bag. Cover and reduce heat to low for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and add salt to taste.
3. Heat frying pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add chicken toss well and cook until browned all over.
Serve chicken over a bed of Jeweled Almond Pilaf.
*The rice will serve about 8 portions so you can save half for another day or cut the recipe in half.