The longer this salad marinates, the more flavorful it is. It’s my go-to summer Sunday night salad; I make enough to last for the week!
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 1 pound haricots verts, trimmed
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into thin julienne
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 large bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the haricots verts, carrots, snap peas, edamame, asparagus, onion, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size resealable bag or a rigid container and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Source: The Modern Menu: Simple. Beautiful. Kosher.
Photographs by Andrew Zuckerman