Add parsnip to your mashed potatoes for extra taste and flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups peeled, chopped parsnip
- 2 cups peeled, cubed baking potato
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or non dairy substitute
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1. Place parsnip and potato in a saucepan, and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain and return to pan.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
Cut the parsnips smaller than the potatoes so they will finish cooking at the same time.