Simple meat stew with bulgur, the perfect one-pot dish any day of the week.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds stew meat
- 2 onions (diced)
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Jamie Geller Hawaij
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups broth
- 1 ½ cups bulgur
- ½ cup chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 30F.
2. Heat evoo in a heavy large pan, tagine or Dutch oven.
3. Sprinkle beef with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the beef to pan and brown all over.
4. Add onions and carrots and saute 5 minutes, add garlic and saute until fragrant.
5. Add Hawaij seasoning and 1 teaspoon salt and coat onions. Add tomato paste, stir and cook until coated. Add broth, stir well. Cover and cook over low heat for 90 minutes.
6. Add bulgur and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit covered for an additional 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and gently fuff with fork to evenly mix before serving