Break the Yom Kippur fast with a fast and delicious Mediterranean Jack omelet. It is ready in just a few minutes to satisfy hungry tummies.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated Mediterranean Jack Cheese or your favorite cheese
1. Preheat Oven to 200° F. Place dinner plate in oven to warm.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs well; beat in salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat butter in an omelet pan or small saute pan over medium to low heat. Do not let butter brown. Pour eggs into the pan; stir them with the back of a fork over the whole surface of the pan. Once eggs have started to set, about 2 minutes, sprinkle grated cheese over eggs. Let eggs finish cooking without touching them.
4. When eggs have completely set, remove pan from heat. Gently fold the omelet in half and slide out onto a warmed dinner plate.
Please note that this recipe serves one. Omelets should be made one at a time. In order to serve more, be sure to have the appropriate amount of ingredients.