- 5 ServingsServings
- 1 small eggplant, cut into wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 2-3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- Tbsp balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 2 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous 250 mL
- 1 cup light feta cheese, broken into bite size pieces 125 mL
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives or other black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped 75 mL
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives or other black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped 75 mL
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted slivered almonds 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley 30 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 tsp cumin 5 mL
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, to garnish, if desired
1 Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Place vegetables on large foil-lined baking sheet. Brush vegetables with canola oil and balsamic vinegar.
2 Roast until tender, about 35 minutes. (Alternatively, you can choose to grill vegetables on barbecue). Let cool. Remove peels from garlic and dice. Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces.
3 Bring 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water to a boil. Pour into a large serving bowl. Stir in couscous. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes.
4 Fluff couscous with a fork. Gently mix garlic, vegetables and remaining ingredients into the couscous. Garnish salad with an additional sprig of fresh oregano.