This simple black bean soup is packed with nutrients and flavor, making it the perfect anytime meal. Prep time below is for the Tortilla Chips, a great, quick addition to the soup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 pound dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to add a little kick
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips
1. Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or until beans are tender.
2. Use an immersion blender, standing blender or food processor and puree until slightly chunky but mostly smooth, or to desired consistency.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder and coriander.
2. Spread tortilla chips on a sheet pan and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with spice mixture and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until warm. Serve immediately with soup.