My Mexican inspired burgers are filled with black beans and ancho chili powder and topped with guacamole and chili peppers. Serve your burgers with warm flour tortillas, fresh lime wedges and rice with corn and peppers. Spicy hot is the one new sensation I love adding to wake up lots of dishes. So in my opinion hot sauce is a MUST here. But then that’s only my opinion.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup guacamole
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies, chopped (optional)
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, torn into large pieces
- Heat grill or saute pan
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef with poblano, ketchup, chili powder, black beans & salt. Shape into 4 patties
- On the grill or in a large saute pan, cook burgers over medium heat on each side for 5 minutes for medium doneness, 6 to 7 minutes for well done. Transfer to a serving platter
- Place 2 tablespoons guacamole on top of each burger. If desired, place green chili peppers on top.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas to sop up the sauce and Rice with Corn and Peppers.
If you really crave a bun with your burger, then go traditional.
To warm tortillas: Microwave, covered with a damp paper towel for 20 to 30 seconds on medium.
Source: Quick & Kosher Meals in Minutes