Latkes get a Mexican twist in this easy recipe with a jalapeno kick and creamy guacamole finish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 ears corn, cut from ear
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Garnish: fresh cilantro, guacamole, or salsa
1. Peel and shred potatoes, then wring with a cheesecloth or towel, removing all moisture.
2. Mix potatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, eggs, corn, flour, and salt together in a bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over high heat until hot.
4. Drop large spoonfuls of potato mixture into the oil, and flatten down with spatula to form ½-inch patties. Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until brown.
5. Place on paper towels or wire cooling rack to remove any excess oil.
6. Serve hot, with guacamole, cilantro, and salsa.