A little south-of-the-border flair for Sunday night dinner or any night dinner, this one is so super easy and so complete you will want to make it part of your weekly rotation.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (1 ½-pound) skirt steak
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine steak with lime zest, juice, and cumin. Marinate meat at room temperature for 15 minutes, or in the fridge for as long as 24 hours.
2. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch (or larger) skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and sauté 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Set aside.
3. Add onions and garlic, and sauté until slightly softened about 5 to 6 minutes. Add corn, and sauté until heated through about 4 minutes. Slice steak thinly, against the grain, and add to the skillet with salsa, cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Serve with sliced avocado.