- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 beef cubed steaks (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style or regular corn, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
1 Combine corn, chipotle pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2 Beat egg, 1 tablespoon water and adobo sauce in shallow dish until blended. Place tortilla chips in second shallow dish.
3 Dip each beef steak into egg mixture, then into tortilla chips to coat both sides.
4 Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Place 2 steaks in skillet; cook 5 to 6 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once and adding another 1 teaspoon oil to skillet after turning steaks.
5 Remove steaks; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and steaks. Top each steak evenly with Smoky Corn Relish.