When you coat balls of challah dough in olive oil and delicious spice blends, magic will happen. Serve this amazing challah for your next Shabbat dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1. Liberally grease a 10” bundt pan.
2. Pour olive oil and middle eastern seasonings, each into their own bowl (4 bowls total).
3. After the dough completes its first rise, use a sharp knife or dough cutter to divide it into 40-50 smaller pieces.
4. Coat piece with olive oil, then roll in one of the spices. Gently place in greased pan. Repeat with remaining pieces, dipping each one in a different seasoning. Arrange loosely on top of each other, being sure not to pack them too tightly.
5. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Mix tahini with salt. Drizzle tahini mixture over the spice covered pieces in the bundt pan. Bake at 350℉ for 30-35 minutes or until set. Once cooled, turn pan over and onto a plate.
Serve with hummus or other favorite dips in the center hole.
Makes 1 large or 2 small monkey breads.