Try this cheesecake for a variation on the usual. The tangy goat cheese is refreshing and the lemon juice brightens the entire dish. I like to garnish with fresh berries (when they are in season).
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 11 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Fresh berries and powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan and dust with granulated sugar, pouring off the excess.
- In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese with the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg yolks, 2 at a time, incorporating them completely before adding the next batch.
- Beat in the flour at low speed.
- In another bowl, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until firm but not dry. Beat one-third of the whites into the goat cheese mixture, then gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Invert the cake onto a large plate. Arrange the berries on top and sift confectioners' sugar over all. Cut the cake into wedges and serve.
Contributed By:LAURA FRANKEL