- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoon soft butter/non-dairy margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup drinking chocolate powder (or 10 oz parve chocolate chips)
- 8 -9 oz Tea biscuits, crushed
- extra sugar or coconut, for sprinkling
1. Mix together the butter, sugar, eggs and chocolate powder and beat lightly.
2. Fold in the crushed biscuits.
3. If the mixture is too soft, place in the refrigerator for a while.
4. Turn half the mixture onto a sheet of greaseproof paper sprinkled with sugar and shape into a roll. Repeat with the other half of the mixture. Wrap both the rolls in the greaseproof paper and refrigerate until hard. Cut into slices before serving.
Tip: If you’d like, 1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts can be added to the mixture.
Kosher Butcher's Wife Tip - I added honeycomb, glaced cherries, baby marshmallow and melted the chocolate chips to replace chocolate powder for a non-dairy alternative.