130 calories per parfait, when making this recipe with graham cracker crumbs, egg whites, and sugar substitute, and topping with both blueberries and 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
- 12 ServingsServings
- 2 (8-ounce) containers Tofutti cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar, Splenda, or Truvia
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, or dried cake crumbs (such as sponge)
- 1 cup fresh fruit (sliced strawberries or blueberries), or a small container of pareve whipped cream (whipped or ready-made), or a can of fruit or custard pie filling (can be sugar free)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 oven safe glasses or ramekins or 1 (12-inch) round pie pan with cooking spray.
For filling: Mix together Tofutti, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and lemon juice.
If you are making the mini cups:
Layer 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs in glasses. Top with 1 to 2 tablespoons filling (pressed down).
Bake about 20 minutes, until top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Top with 1 tablespoon fruit or whipped cream.
If you are making a pie:
Press ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pie pan. Spoon filling on top. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes, until top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Top with fruit or whipped cream.
Note: The parfaits freeze well. Serve parfaits with a variety of topping combinations.
Yields: 12 parfaits or 1 (12-inch) pie