Mint chutney flavors these lamb kebobs from the inside out. You can use this chutney to garnish any kind of meat or for a fresh addition to couscous and quinoa sides and salads.
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- 2 cups fresh mint
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground lamb (25% fat)
- Toasted pine nuts for serving, optional
- To prepare chutney: Add mint, cilantro, jalapeño, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt to the bowl of a food processor or pitcher of a blender and pulse until all ingredients are well blended together. Transfer to a covered container and store in the fridge up to 3 days, until ready to use.
- To prepare kabobs: Mix lamb with 1 cup mint chutney. Form into kabobs around kabob sticks. Broil eight minutes per side. Brush remaining chutney over kabobs. Serve with toasted pine nuts and additional chutney on the side.
Quinoa salad: Combine 2 cups quinoa (any color) with 1 cup mint chutney, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 1 cup additional fresh mint. Toss in ½ cup toasted walnuts and ½ cup dried cherries.