Richly flavored, high-quality dark chocolate is the key to this superb dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup unsalted margarine or butter at room temperature
- 1 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups high-quality dark bar chocolate, cut into bite-size pieces
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat until very light in color. Add the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet mixture, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate pieces.
- Chill the mixture for 2 hours or overnight.
- Grease 2 disposable 6 cup muffin tins with cooking spray and a small dusting of flour. Fill with a 2 tablespoon size ball of dough. (Ramekins can also be used, but watch the cooking time very carefully).
- Cook 9-12 minutes at 400℉ until lightly browned on the entire top. Turn each molten cake over onto a plate to serve, and garnish with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream. Serve immediately while still hot!
Contributed by:Elizabeth Book Kratz, CKCA