- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-1/2 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup regular or golden raisins
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- Salt,Hot cooked couscous
- Chopped toasted almonds (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1 Combine flour, cumin, cinnamon, salt and red pepper in 3-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add beef, sweet potatoes and raisins; toss to coat evenly.
2 Pour tomatoes on top. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until beef and potatoes are fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Season with salt, as desired.
3 Serve over couscous. Garnish with almonds and parsley, if desired.