Change up your matzo brei this Passover with some savory caramelized mushrooms and onions for a different flavor profile. Serve any time of day.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 sheets of matzo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Garnish: Sour cream, sliced green onions
- Hold 2 sheets of matzah under water for 30 seconds. Shake off excess water.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and saute until golden.
- Break the matzah into pieces and add to the pan. Fry for a minute.
- Scramble the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to pan.
- Mix everything in pan with spatula so all sides cook. It’s done when the eggs are not runny anymore.